Sunday, March 18, 2007

Cambridge

Cambridge was meant for another time, with another person. I like my plans so changes often unsettles me. But last Saturday's unexpected day trip to Cambridge was delightful, esp. when it's with one of my dearest friends. I can not think of a more relaxing and perfect way to have spent the weekend. Cambridge is such a quaint, romantic little town complete with beautiful colleges & chapels, lush green lawns (which by the way no one is allowed to walk on except for senior academics), and a rich sense of history. We spent the morning on a 2 hour walking tour, visiting the colleges & chapels, listening and absorbing the history of the town. The highlight of the day for me was in the afternoon when we went punting. The views by the river banks were breathtaking.

By the end of the day, we had both earnestly wished we could be back at university.

No comments: